Finally finished making the changes for names appearing in combat. This includes the parts that broke when I added the 8x8 VWF code. When the game was converting the smaller 8x8 font into the larger 12x12 font, it was looking at the tiles used in the VWF instead of the letters. So running into a demon would say something like "Demon IJKL appeared!". Here is a pic of the message working correctly.
I also added a fix to display the full class name. It says "Kaijuu" right now, because I'm still contemplating changes to the final class name list. Right now, "Monster" seems like the most likely candidate. In Japanese, Kaijuu is the term they use to reference their many movie monsters, like Godzilla or Gamera. I don't want to imply size with the term that will be used though, since not all Kaijuus are huge. But also, "Monster" is a bit generic considering that everything in this game could technically count as a monster. :(
I also fixed the Devil Analyzer for combat. I moved some of the stats and values around so that the window would stay the same size. The Japanese game had them arranged as:
Here is a pic of what it currently looks like:
I'm not sure what to work on next. I guess there's no rush since no one's stepped forward to translate the game's script yet. After I make a few more improvements, I'll try Romhacking.net's board one more time.