Saturday, April 19, 2008
Stats for Status Screen fixed
After looking at the pic for the status screen, I decided I might as well fix the stats today. The stat names on the status screen are stored as graphics, whereas the names on the level up screens are just text. So all I did was just copy the text from a screenshot I had with the text names drawn. Add in some routines to bypass the compression, and we end up with this.
I guess I'll have to work on a fix for the character name and item names soon. The character name should be somewhat straightforward to fix, but it will be tedious. The item names will probably be a very tedious task, since I'll have to revise some code from the 8x8 VWF routine to get more mileage out of it.
I'll leave that for later, since it'll also involve finalizing the item names, which I still haven't done yet.
Posted by Host at 3:01 PM